Nothing about an extension cord suggests danger - there are no moving parts, no flames, no noise. It is harmless looking, yet it can be extremely dangerous if misused.
These rules should be applied for the safe use of extension cords:
● Inspect all extension cords at the beginning of each workday for any signs of wear or damage. Remove any worn, severely discoloured or damaged cords from service immediately.
● Before each use, check the cord for the presence of a ground blade on the male end of the cord.
● Handle the cord gently, avoiding strain, kinking, crushing or cutting.
● String it where it will not be hit or tramped on.
● If moisture, heat or chemicals are present, be sure your cord is the proper type to resist the conditions that are present.
● Extension cords should not be used as ropes to raise and lower tools and materials.
AM Retail Services provides cleaning services for schools and colleges that include:
Deep cleaning of the washroom and bathroom
Staff rooms and offices
Auditoriums, meeting rooms, gymnasiums, and sports rooms
AM Retail Services staff works on a flexible schedule and can response rapidly and effectively to guarantee that your school or college is at the highest standard of cleanliness and leave a pleasant experience for your everyone.
Our quarterly OHS meeting was held on the 8th of November 2019 at our head office in Melbourne. Attendees involved the following AM Retail Services management staff, Louie Karanikolos (admin manager), Con Karanikolos (Area Manager) and George Gasparinatos (Area manager) and employee representatives Zannie Khalil, Voula Katsoulis, Jacqueline Brennan and Ivan Medina.
It was noted in the meeting that there were no lost time injuries, and the Toolbox talk for October 2019 – Extension Cord Safety was discussed in great detail. It was also noted that there were no environmental incidents and no fines from regulators for the last 3 months.
The meeting also involved thorough analysis of our OH&S manual sections where there were no changes made by management since July 2018 and there were no suggestions during this meeting for any changes.
It was noted that our health and safety legal register was last reviewed on 11th April 2019 by AM Retail Services management and it was concluded that our company followed every legislation on our legal register by the Admin manager, Louie Karanikolos.
Employee of the Month
It is our pleasure to acknowledge a great job done by our employees
in November and in the past three months. Our clients are very pleased with the services provided.
We also would like to thank Raffaele Di Domenica who has been with our company for 4 years.
Raffaele proved himself as a hard-working person keeping high standards of cleaning. Raffaele will receive a $50 Myer card voucher.